Thursday, January 24, 2013

Review!: Essie Merino Cool * the perfect muted purple


Let's be honest, nail polish is what first started my foray into the beauty world. And Essie was the first polish brand I really lusted after. They have a huge range of colors and I just can't seem to get enough of those cute little glass bottles and white cap. Half of my nail polish rack is Essie.

In the past I've been a huge fan of BRIGHT, summery colors a la orange, blue, kelly green. I just love colors and patterns all around. Lately I've been trying more muted, pale, colors - dare I say, even nudes! I never thought I'd like any of these color ranges on my fingertips at all. After trying Merino Cool here, I'm sure, I do love muted, gray shades of any color. Maybe that has to do with living in a very gray city...

This polish is definitely purple with a gray overtone. I started out with a base coat of Seche Vite, then only one coat of Merino Cool, and a top coat from Urban Outfitters. Its been perfect and shiny and lovely for 3 whole days now - that's a long manicure for me. I work in an office and type all day long, open up cans of cat food for my kitties when I get home - I am very prone to chipping and very careful I do my manicures nicely so they last a while. This polish has exceeded my expectations and I absolutely adore the color!

I will give credit where credit is due though. I never would have thought to try this color if not for fellow beauty blogger ViviannaDoesMakeup raving about it. And that, ladies, is why I love the blogging/youtube community! If you think you may like this color or have been teetering on the edge of picking it up, go now! You'll love it.






No comments:

Post a Comment